Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Waking Up Is Exhausting

     My mind is a hot mess. It feels similar to what a creek looks like after it floods, when all sorts of branches, leaves and trash float down on top of the water. I have about six, yes, six things to do today. My mind is thinking about 75 million things today. I bet there is medication for that.

     The thing that has my head in the shape of a pretzel the most is trying to come up with a personal creed. I googled and binged away. I found out that there are a lot of hippies out there, and a lot of self love, new age stuff too. I found them all entertaining, some interesting, some frightening. One thing I did not find is any ideas. None. I stand for nothing.
   
     Sure, I believe in lots of things. I could write down stuff I believe in all day. Some serious deep stuff too. Then I look at it and here comes the but. The exception. I am a push over I guess. Then WHAM! There it is. What am I not a push over about. Authenticity. I believe in being authentic.

     I am going to run with that.


2 comments:

  1. Jessica,

    I enjoyed reading your post, it was funny. You had me chuckling the entire time. I can completely relate to having trouble thinking of a topic. What had my head in a pretzel was trying to find a reading choice last week for my personal narrative. I wish you luck. Great post!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,
    Again you had me laughing out loud because I can so relate to your thoughts and the way you have put into words almost my same thoughts. And right now my head is still in a pretzel. I agree with Lynn, Great post!

    ReplyDelete