Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Dreaming is Exhausting

    It was one of those nights. I dreamed insane dreams all night and woke up exhausted. The freaky dreams wear me out. I can almost always remember what I dream about. Sometimes for a few minutes after waking up. Sometimes forever. And that is not always a good thing.
    People don't believe me, but I dream every night. Only rarely do I wake up and not remember my dream. I can wake up and get up for a drink or bathroom break and then go back to dreaming. They say that's not possible, but I do. When people say they never dream, I wonder why. Is their brain full of important stuff, and mine has room for nonsense?
   Last night's dream was a doozy. It involved a pool, and a broken down hotel that had many rabbits living in it. I kept losing my pants, and I don't know why because I was wearing a dress. I found a tube of medication used to treat hairloss and malaria. Long story short, it was weird. I must have ate something with preservatives last night. I swear, bacon makes my dreams weird. I blame preservatives.
     I don't look for meaning in my dreams, well, because I just don't buy into all that. I can't even imagine what people would think if the judged me on my dreams. I would be locked away in mental hospital or prison. Some of the things my subconscious comes up with are just wacky. My least favorite are when I am trying to dial a phone number and keep hitting the wrong buttons. That happens a lot.
    So I am tired from my crazy dreams, and have to get creative and continue the process of this essay business. I am pretty worked up over this whole thing. I keep checking my writing group to see if anyone else has posted theirs. How long will they be? MLA, huh? I don't have resources, I made this all up in my head. I got the margins and what not. I hope my head will get out of the scary hotel of rabbits induced fog and join the real world.

3 comments:

  1. ok, that was written half asleep. Have mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been scrolling down through your blog, and I have to say, you are funny! I enjoy how you have a thought and then you just run with it. It all flows together smoothly and I think that's also what grabs my attention. I start reading and I can't stop, I just get in the flow and then the essay is done. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been scrolling down through your blog, and I have to say, you are funny! I enjoy how you have a thought and then you just run with it. It all flows together smoothly and I think that's also what grabs my attention. I start reading and I can't stop, I just get in the flow and then the essay is done. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete