Thursday, July 16, 2015

One Superpower

    My five year old sons new blog prompt, "If you could have one superpower, what would it be?" This is really hard. So many options. My first instinct would be to go with flying. Not sure what good that would do me, other than avoiding traffic and seeing cool stuff. Right now, as I stare down finals week, I would like a photographic memory. Honestly, I could puke. All these words, FINALS, RESEARCH, PROCTOR. I am so nervous.
     I am needing a superpower that will make this college stuff easier. Everyday I think, "why didn't I do this when I was 18?". At 18 I needed a lot less sleep, was probably more confident in my writing, and less distracted. All those things would have made this easier, but no way would I go back in time. As I sit here listening to my children argue over the last muffin, I can't say I would have done it differently. I can't imagine a world where they might not exist. Meeting my husband and leaving everything behind to hit the road and fall in love was not the most responsible decision, but it led me to here, and here is good.
    So going back in time is off the table. The superpower to see germs would be great, to avoid them, but pretty sure I don't want to see that. I would never leave the house. Who am I kidding? I wouldn't want to be in my house. Read minds, maybe. That would be interesting, but I am afraid of what I would hear. Super speed, super strength? Nah, sounds exhausting. Being able to stop time would be fun. I am not convinced I would use it for good though, probably just practical jokes.
    Healing. That would be it. I would want the power to heal. I hate cancer, so being able to kick cancers butt would be fabulous. Even when my kids get the sniffles, it is heartbreaking. So the power to heal it is. I could then, in turn, heal those with other superpowers. Wait, now I am thinking. What if there is someone who needs healing, but I don't want to. What if they are a horrible person? That would be like me murdering them. So now I am a killer. Yeah, I'm out. No healing powers please.
    This is actually a lot harder than I thought. I guess I will stick with flying. I have about a million things I need to be doing, so the whole superpower thing can't take up anymore room in my head or time in my day. Sad.
  

3 comments:

  1. I would love to be two people, I sometimes feel as if I am being pulled in so many directions, if there were more of me then I could possiblily get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having the superpower to see germs, now that is funny. I don't think that I would open my eyes because I would see them everywhere. I like your son's blog prompt. My 4 year old son is really into super-heroes so I get it. Good luck with your finals and paper. I know I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having the superpower to see germs, now that is funny. I don't think that I would open my eyes because I would see them everywhere. I like your son's blog prompt. My 4 year old son is really into super-heroes so I get it. Good luck with your finals and paper. I know I need it.

    ReplyDelete