Thursday, July 2, 2015

Jello Brain Freewriting

    I got nothing. Although I have basically no thoughts this am, I see the importance of blogging daily so here it goes. This should be a disaster.
    Why won't anyone in my reading group post their damn essays, it's Thursday and I refuse to go first. I could be way off base, so I want to see what these folks have going for them. Today I woke up pissed, I have no idea why. No reason, life is the same as the day before, just out of smiles? I don't know. I would like to have a good day. It's my birthday. But I am just grumpy. I hate that. I don't like being grumpy. I also don't like a messy house, and my kids have been little home destroying tornados for three days. That's probably why I am grumpy. Stepping on legos will do that to a person. There is literally legos, hotwheels, and crayons in every room of my house right now. No lie. Bathrooms and all. I found a water bottle filled with mud on my kitchen table. I about lost my crap. Why? It wasn't even 7 am yet. I wonder if they wake up and get together and say "what can we do today to make mom lose her ever loving mind and run her head through a wall? " There was a conversation yesterday weighing on my mind. It was a dumb one. Someone said something that left me biting through my tongue. I know my eyes must have been bugging out of my head. I head it together, maybe that's what's wrong with me, I didn't get to say what I was dying to say, and now the words have poisoned me because they needed to be said. I can't, it's along story and I am keeping quiet in the name of world peace. Maybe if I go take a nap, I can wake up in a better mood. A better mood sounds so good. Like a vacation, because being this pissy is soul crushing. I am not this way. This isn't me. So I have narrowed it down to Starbucks for a cake pop or a nap. One of those things has got to help pull me out of this bad mood. Lord, help anyone who crosses my path.
   

4 comments:

  1. Now I'm hoping since this post things have calmed down and the tornados have subsided. To be frank, I enjoyed this post very much. Not because I'm weird and enjoy others frustrations, but because I found this post to be very: visual, free-flowing, and honest. My wife and I have a little two-month girl and there's a part of me that can't wait until I stumble over some weird experiments such as the mud bottle you found. I'm sure when that day comes I'll eat my words like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Dean on this. I could visualize everything you had said in your post, it was free-flowing from one point to the next. It was so honest that I am not even a mother yet, and I can see how some days will be just like that for me when I do become a mother. I also agree on the soul-crushing thing, sometimes bad moods and waking up on the wrong side of the bed is just way to soul crushing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Dean on this. I could visualize everything you had said in your post, it was free-flowing from one point to the next. It was so honest that I am not even a mother yet, and I can see how some days will be just like that for me when I do become a mother. I also agree on the soul-crushing thing, sometimes bad moods and waking up on the wrong side of the bed is just way to soul crushing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's no way to wake up on your birthday. Sorry about that. Being a father of one, I have learned that deep breathing and going to one's place of peace is helpful. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know, but hang in there. Not to be cruel, but through reading your blog, you brought me happiness. It's good to know that I'm not the only parent who experiences "Lego Surfing".

    ReplyDelete